Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An Analogy of Life

Life is like a baseball game. It can throw some pretty nasty pitches at us. Fastballs, curveballs, sliders, drop balls, alot of knuckle balls and some spit balls.Spit balls are illegal.Some pitches are strikes and the rest are wild pitches that quite often hit us and sometimes seriously hurt us. There are no walks or free bases, but all strikes are foul balls, so you can't strike out. There are only two ways to advance, to first base. Either get a good hit or get hit with the ball. Those are our rewards. All strikes are foul balls, because that shows the effort and determination we used to try and get a good hit, but did not succeed. That effort, alone, keeps us in the game. A good hit will get us on base, but we have to use all of the gifts and talents we have, in an effort NOT to be put out, when we try to advance to the next base. To win the game, we have to swing at every pitch. If we get knocked down, we have to get up before the next pitch is thrown, stand in at the plate and swing again, hoping for the home run.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gary!
    So So So true! I am standing taller using your synopsis of success, than you will ever know...Believe me....thank you for writing your thoughts, and sharing them all with us! You have proven to be such an inspiration to me, mentoring me to get to a more comfortable existence that includes only the attributes of truth, good intention, and yes...hitting that ball so fiercely with strength to endure and to give up NEVERGIVEUP at all costs that my home run has surely arrived.
    You remain constantly in my thoughts, and prayers, and I so wish to convey to you that the ball I hit has landed in such a solid place of advocacy that I haven't fallen at all....
    Please write here more often! Please have your readers come to my blog as well to see your profile that I wrote regarding the person you choose to be, and the person you have empowered me to be with your kind, gentle mentoring. Truth will reside, and it is...BELIEVE! Have faith for you reminded me...EVERY decision that is made in good intention and truth has the power to drive that ball over the fence, and it has been hit so hard, it will probably reach Arkansas! LOL...Trust, and pray...the light will come...and when it does, you will see it too! Love, Karen ;)~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone!
    I thought you may find some enjoyment with reading the story I wrote on my blog most recently about this site's author:Gary Maxwell.
    Gary has brought much joy to me life, and I am humbled to be able to call him my friend...

    http://www.nevergiveup28.wordpress.com/

    scroll down the front until you get to his story...Gary Maxwell, a story of hope! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete